So many of us call Westchester County and lower Connecticut home, it is hard not to feel attached to the area - so close to NYC and so much to offer. Our local connections sound like a metro-north super local - Larchmont, White Plains, Tarrytown, New Rochelle, Pelham, Briarcliff, Bronxville - we are getting tired just typing this.
From Playland to the Westchester Mall to Walter's Hot Dog stand, we think living in a place where horses reside near haute couture shopping and outdoor movies and festivals are easy to find is...awesome.
Some of our favorite spots:
- Rockefeller State Park Preserve - feel like you are the only one on earth; watch a deer drink the clearest water
- 42 Restaurant - new to White Plains, but lets you see all of White Plains
- Home Goods - all of them
- Kensico Dam - great outdoor movies and concerts
- Main Street Sweets, Tarrytown - home made ice cream that makes you feel like a kid again; we bring our kids as cover
- Glen Island Park, New Rochelle - biking and walking on the waterfront, catch a bride taking her photos
- The Westchester Mall - everything you need for great gifts...plus pretzel bites
- Stew Leonards - dinner and a show...nothing better
- Playland Park in Rye - we all grew up hopping in anticipation of the rides, now our kids do
- Copacabana Brazilian Steakhouse, Port Chester - all we can say is mmmmmmmm
- Water Fountain Light Shows at Renaissance Plaza, White Plains - a little vegas right in the middle of town
- Pelham Plaza Laundromat - we cannot deny the convenience...got any quarters?
- Buffalo Wild Wings, White Plains - fifty cent wings, flat screens, beautiful building
- New York Sports Club, White Plains - for after the wings; a spacious two floors, super clean and any classes you can think of
How we contribute:
- Burke Rehab Center - Volunteer
- Gilda's Place - Contributor
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep - Contributor
- Big Brothers Big Sisters, Mt. Vernon - Bigs and Contributors
- Els for Autism - Contributors
- Brian Rooney Run/Lymphoma Foundation - Volunteers and Contributors
- Greenburgh Public Library - Board Member
- Romp for Research - Participants and Contributors
We know Westchester. We are proud to insure many people, families and businesses here. We live here because... we love it.